POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Importing 3ds models into moray. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Importing 3ds models into moray. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dave B
Subject: Importing 3ds models into moray.
Date: 11 Apr 2001 13:31:54
Message: <3ad4950a@news.povray.org>
I am trying to get a model from the game Counter Strike into moray for use
within a scene. I have managed to convert it to the 3ds format using
milkshape3d and then to mdl format using 3dwin. As soon as I try to render I
get an error in the message frame in povray saying it cant open one of the
include files and I should use the +L switch blah blah. I have entered into
moray the location of all the includes that 3dwin creates but still no
render (and same error message). Has anyone else encountered this problem
and can tell me how to overcome it, or am I just being dumb : /

Thanx in advance

Dave

Post a reply to this message

>I am trying to get a model from the game Counter Strike into moray for use
>within a scene. I have managed to convert it to the 3ds format using
>milkshape3d and then to mdl format using 3dwin. As soon as I try to render
>get an error in the message frame in povray saying it cant open one of the
>include files and I should use the +L switch blah blah. I have entered into
>moray the location of all the includes that 3dwin creates but still no
>render (and same error message). Has anyone else encountered this problem
>and can tell me how to overcome it, or am I just being dumb : /
>
>Thanx in advance

You didn't really say but since they're offered together in 3dwin, I'm
guessing you 'did' remember to export the corresponding .pov/.inc files
while you were exporting the .mdl, right?

bat### [at] cadronhsacom

Post a reply to this message