POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Murky Water Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Murky Water (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Geoff Wedig
Subject: Murky Water
Date: 2 Apr 2001 10:00:12
Message: <3ac885ec@news.povray.org>
I know some people have posted and/or have on their sites good tutorials for
water of various sorts.  I need some finishes for murky/brackish water.
However, looking on the povray site, I'm not finding any water by searching.
Is there anyone who might be able to direct me and/or post code?  As I said,
I'm mainly looking for finishes.  Everything I've tried so far looks very
plastic, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Geoff

Post a reply to this message

> I know some people have posted and/or have on their sites good tutorials for
> water of various sorts.  I need some finishes for murky/brackish water.
> However, looking on the povray site, I'm not finding any water by searching.
> Is there anyone who might be able to direct me and/or post code?  As I said,
> I'm mainly looking for finishes.  Everything I've tried so far looks very
> plastic, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I can only point you to the water finish tutorial on my site, it is quite
general and also contains some hints for murky water, so you might want to
have a look. Most important for murky water are diffuse finish and also
fading.  You also can try to add media.

It might also be helpful to look through the entries of the recent 'Sea'
IRTC round.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>