POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File sizes in subject line Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  File sizes in subject line (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: File sizes in subject line
Date: 26 Feb 2001 04:30:09
Message: <3a9a2221@news.povray.org>
Spock <spo### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message news:3a940f59$1@news.povray.org...

> Now I don't want to get off on a rant here, but:
>
> - The size posted in the message subject is almost always wrong, since
> people quote the binary size and ASCII encoding bumps it by about 30%.

Which is why most people I've seen quote kbu (kilobytes before upload)

OE shows me the total size before downloading, so I don't generally
pay attention to the size, but it takes no time to add to the subject
line, so I almost always add the size just in case some newsreaders
don't show the size.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *