POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Playing around with ior and found some weird results... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Playing around with ior and found some weird results... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: AC
Subject: Playing around with ior and found some weird results...
Date: 11 Feb 2001 15:48:05
Message: <3a86fa85@news.povray.org>
I tried negative numbers on ior and got some strange results... Anyone care
to explain?

Ambis

/*  Code... pov 3.1g  */

global_settings { max_trace_level 30 }

light_source {<2,2,2>,rgb 1}
light_source {<0,0,0>,rgb 2}

camera {
   location <2,2,2>
   look_at  <0,0,0>
}

#declare Epfinish =
        texture {
                pigment {rgbt <0,0,0,1>}
                finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 }
                 }

#declare Etexture =
texture {Epfinish}

#declare EMaterial =
material {
 texture { Etexture }
 interior {ior 1 }
/* interior {ior 0 }       /* Why did the sphere diapear here */
/* interior {ior -1 }      /* What happens here, it looks weird   */
/* interior {ior -10 }     /* What happens here, it looks weird   */
/* interior {ior -100 }    /* What happens here, it looks weird   */
 }

sphere { <0,0,0>,1
   material { EMaterial }
   hollow }

plane {z,-4 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1}}
plane {x,-4 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1}}
plane {y,-4 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1}}
cylinder {<-4,-4,-4><4,-4,-4>,.5 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1 scale .5}}
cylinder {<-4,-4,-4><-4,4,-4>,.5 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1 scale .5}}
cylinder {<-4,-4,-4><-4,-4,4>,.5 pigment {checker  rgb 0, rgb 1 scale .5}}

Post a reply to this message