POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invitation: Graphics Extreme Workshop Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Invitation: Graphics Extreme Workshop (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: October
Subject: Invitation: Graphics Extreme Workshop
Date: 7 Feb 2001 14:36:11
Message: <3a81a3ab$1@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I'd like to welcome anyone that is intersted in 2D, 3D, game specific
graphics creation, or any other kind of computer graphics to join us at the
New Graphics Extreme Workshop hosted at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/graphicsextreme

Many similar groups exist that are dedicated to 2D graphics OR 3D graphics
and many more still are dedicated to program "X".  Graphics Extreme is none
of these but rather a place where those interested in one can easily learn
about the others.

Why not a "forum" or newsgroup server?  Well, the yahoo service is primarly
an email list, website secondly.  Because it is email based it is
particularly easy to interact with.  If you have email access, you can
participate!  No newsgroup configurations are neccessary. Also, especially
nice for graphic artists, images, WIPs (Work In Progress), filter settings,
etc., can all be included as attachments to email *and* viewable from the
website.

NOTE:  This is a *VERY* email intensive group!  Luckily Yahoo has some other
nice features, like being able to specify your "Delivery Options".  This
gives you a choice of recieving one email for every post (a LOT of email), a
"daily digest" which is ONE email a day, minus the graphics and other
attachments, or "Web Only", in which case the Yahoo group functions much
like delphi or any other bbs/forum.

On the other hand the mail archive is also stored on the web.  This makes it
easy for those who prefer not to participate via email to still participate
in discussions, etc.  Any member, regardless of what they have chosen for
their delivery option, can go to the website and read, reply and post new
messages and even view all the images that others have posted!  Of course
you can only post images (etc.) via email, but you can view them from either
the website or email.

Currently the group is somewhat small but growing rapidly.  We already have
a searchable archive of posts, tutorials, images, and 3D models, with more
neat stuff on the way.  We also have a browsable files section and a very
useful collection of bookmarks (including members webpages).

All members are encouraged to participate any way they like, and those that
do so especially at this early phase will help shape what this group will
eventually evolve in to.

 New members are especially encouraged to make "INTRO: <your name here>" one
of their first posts; describing a bit about themselves, their graphics
experience, what they hope to learn, what they may be able to share (in
particular), and any homepage or gallery links.

Also new members are encouraged to include links to their galleries and
homepages in our "Members Webpages" folder located in our Bookmarks section.

If you might be interested in participating in a fresh, rapidly growing
group of graphics enthusiasts, please join us now!

Here is the contact information:

Post message: gra### [at] yahoogroupscom
Subscribe:  gra### [at] yahoogroupscom
Unsubscribe:  gra### [at] yahoogroupscom
List owner:  gra### [at] yahoogroupscom
URL to the page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/graphicsextreme

Thanks for your time and interest!