POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: macro putto Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro putto (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: macro putto
Date: 22 Jan 2001 07:37:30
Message: <3a6c298a$1@news.povray.org>
(cross-posted to povray.binaries.images)

In article <3a6c1406@news.povray.org> , "m.o.p.s" <m.o.p.s.@wanadoo.fr>
wrote in povray.general:

> I recently rewrite a macro to easily place an object maybe it can help you
> or inspire you
>
> The syntax is like :
>
> object { Yourobject transform
> putto(refA,refB,norm1,newA,newB,norm2,option) }
>
> refA and ref B  : two points used as starting position
> norm1 : if the object need to be oriented this vector is orthogonal to
> vector(ptB-ptA)
>
> newA , new B ,norm2  : final position
> option : scaling type ( 0 uniform scaling )
>
> example :
> "fleche" is an arrow build between the points -1*x, 1*x
> to place it between two points A and B write :
>
> object { fleche transform putto(-1*x,1*x,0,A,B,0,0) material { example }}
>
> "normal vector" are 0 because fleche don't need orientaion : it is an object
> of revolution
>
> I use this macro a lot to copy a same object between multiple position.
>
> I hope this could help
>
> Sorry for my english

Thank you for vistiting our newsgroups!

Please do no post binaries in non-binary groups.  I have removed your
original post in povray.general and posted the images in
povray.binaries.images together with your original post.  You can find
details on where to post and where not to post attachments in the
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions groups looking for the message
"Welcome To the POV-Ray News Groups".

   Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg