POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI
Date: 20 Nov 2000 18:34:59
Message: <3a19b523@news.povray.org>
Just got a new computer with Windows ME and was trying the POV benchmark
(skyvase.pov).  I ran it two ways using the Standard download of v3.1g with
the following results:

1) Windows ME command line   34 sec
2) POV  GUI                             43 sec

Quite a large difference!

The command line used in 1) was run from a DOS window in the bin directory.
The command line was:

pvengine -i skyvase.pov +v1 +ft -x +mb25 +a0.300 +j1.000
+r3 -q9 -w640 -H480 -S1 -E480 -k0.000 -mv2.0 +b1000 > results.txt

In 2) the command line section was modified per POVBench instructions:

Edit settings/Render (or press Alt+C) and pasted:
+v1 -d +ft -x +a0.300 +r3 -q9 -w640 -h480 -mv2.0 +b1000
into the "Command line options" box.  Skyvase.pov was already loaded (and
was the only file loaded),

I also set the GUI priority to lowest and the Render priority to highest.

Anybody got any ideas why the difference was so large?

Jim

Post a reply to this message