POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Torus bug fix Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Torus bug fix (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Lars C  Hassing
Subject: Torus bug fix
Date: 31 Jul 2003 12:48:57
Message: <3f294879$1@news.povray.org>
Please see this torus bug fix:
http://www.hassings.dk/l3/povtorus/povtorus.html
/Lars

Post a reply to this message

From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: Re: Torus bug fix
Date: 3 Aug 2003 05:16:15
Message: <3f2cd2df@news.povray.org>
Lars C. Hassing wrote:

> Please see this torus bug fix:
> http://www.hassings.dk/l3/povtorus/povtorus.html
> /Lars

Please post things like that on p.programming.

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 3 Aug 2003 08:14:45
Message: <3F2CFE03.2B5C5F62@pacbell.net>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:

> Lars C. Hassing wrote:
>
> > Please see this torus bug fix:
> > http://www.hassings.dk/l3/povtorus/povtorus.html
> > /Lars
> >
> Please post things like that on p.programming.
>
> Wolfgang

Actually Lars is following the proper bug reporting procedure as outlined
in the announcement group. For future reference please read -

http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions/25524/?tmax=100

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> Actually Lars is following the proper bug reporting procedure as outlined
> in the announcement group. For future reference please read -
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.announ[..]estions/25524/?tmax=100

Yes, posting to p.general is okay and a good idea but Lars was not
complaining about a problem -- he actually fixed it and provided the
code. And when talking about code, it is advisable to (also) post to
p.programming...

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 4 Aug 2003 09:20:19
Message: <3F2E5EE7.6F5A1F38@pacbell.net>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:

> Yes, posting to p.general is okay and a good idea but Lars was not
> complaining about a problem -- he actually fixed it and provided the
> code.

Lars originally posted to the bug reports group. He was then directed
here by the Bug Reports Group Moderator (a member of the POV-Team) to
get a confimation that the the supplied fix will actually solve the
problem in a way that does not cause other problems with the core code.

> And when talking about code, it is advisable to (also) post to
> p.programming...

We have established procedures for reporting bugs and supplying fixes.
We use this group for discussions of bugs, to get confirmation of those
bugs, and to look for possible solutions for them. If the discussions
are scattered across several groups it defeats the reason for trying
to keep it localized to a single group and that is so that the bug
reports group moderator doesn't have to waste a lot of time, following
several threads in several groups, confirming that the information being
provided will not waste the POV-Team's time.

I understand your desire to help keep the discussions in the various
groups organized but your help this time is not being helpful...

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group

Post a reply to this message

From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 6 Aug 2003 04:31:59
Message: <3f30bcfe@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

>> And when talking about code, it is advisable to (also) post to
>> p.programming...
>
> We have established procedures for reporting bugs and supplying fixes.
> [...]
> provided will not waste the POV-Team's time.

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Wolfgang