POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scaling macros? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Scaling macros? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Scaling macros?
Date: 29 Jul 2003 13:05:37
Message: <3F26A95E.4D3834F1@hotmail.com>
Let's say I design a scene using centimeters.  You design a model using
meters, or some English unit.

Who would find a set of relatively automatic scale converters
useful?

The way I envision them, the scene builder calls one macro early in
the scene:

  ExpectMeters()

while the model maker calls another macro in their code:

union {
  sphere { pHere,rSize }
  // etc

  UseCentimeters()
}

The two macros work together to make sure that the latter item is
scaled properly (in this example, by 1/100).

Except for models using IK, the macros are pretty easy to do.  Any
takers?

Regards,
John

PS:  Pardon me if this has been done.