POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : inventor to POV Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  inventor to POV (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Robi
Subject: inventor to POV
Date: 25 Apr 2003 16:22:21
Message: <3ea998fd$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to bring object created in AutoDesk Inventor in POV?  I have
heard of "AutoCAD2POV"  but Inventor has a different file format.  I can
export in ACIS and STL if that helps.

TIA
--
Robi Mukherjee
Sr. Design Engineer

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: inventor to POV
Date: 25 Apr 2003 22:37:40
Message: <3EA9F0B0.A1D7751C@pacbell.net>
Robi wrote:

> Is there a way to bring object created in AutoDesk Inventor in POV?  I have
> heard of "AutoCAD2POV"  but Inventor has a different file format.  I can
> export in ACIS and STL if that helps.

stl2pov (maybe?)
http://www.killozap.de/HOME-E/DOWNLOAD_E/download_e.html

Inventor doesn't offer a .dxf export option?

--
Ken Tyler