POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ANNOUNCE] New Surface Subdivision Suite Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  [ANNOUNCE] New Surface Subdivision Suite (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New Surface Subdivision Suite
Date: 14 Apr 2003 14:21:58
Message: <3E9AFC45.A9056406@hotmail.com>
I added some features:

* Proper border support
* Sharp edge support
* Quadrilateral faces
* Individual face texturing
* UV-mapping

The .ZIP with the macros is posted to p.b.s-f .

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Dennis Miller
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Surface Subdivision Suite
Date: 14 Apr 2003 15:09:20
Message: <3e9b0760$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for this. Could you post a working pov scene and are there any images
at your site that demo this work?
best,
D.

"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I added some features:
>
> * Proper border support
> * Sharp edge support
> * Quadrilateral faces
> * Individual face texturing
> * UV-mapping
>
> The .ZIP with the macros is posted to p.b.s-f .
>
> Regards,
> John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jide
Date: 14 Apr 2003 16:50:50
Message: <3e9b1f2a$1@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller wrote:
> Thanks for this. Could you post a working pov scene and are there any
images
> at your site that demo this work?
> best,
> D.

I too would like to see a working pov scene. I'd also like to know how I
need to export my meshes from Wings to be able to utilize the macros. In the
old SSS I think this is how I got things working: first export as obj from
Wings, use 3DWin (for example) to convert it into 3.1 mesh and then used
Mesh Compressor.

--
-Jide

Post a reply to this message

> I too would like to see a working pov scene. I'd also like to know
> how I need to export my meshes from Wings to be able to utilize the
> macros. In the old SSS I think this is how I got things working:
> first export as obj from Wings, use 3DWin (for example) to convert it
> into 3.1 mesh and then used Mesh Compressor.

In case you didn't know, there is a very well done plugin for Wings3D
allowing you to export your meshes directly to POV 3.5.
It's at: http://www.midcoast.com.au/~rgcoy/hobbies/wings.html

--
Alessandro Falappa
web: http://www.falappa.net/alessandro

Post a reply to this message

> Thanks for this. Could you post a working pov scene and are there any
> images at your site that demo this work?
> best,
> D.

I suppose I could include a test scene in future archives.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

> > I too would like to see a working pov scene. I'd also like to know
> > how I need to export my meshes from Wings to be able to utilize the
> > macros. In the old SSS I think this is how I got things working:
> > first export as obj from Wings, use 3DWin (for example) to convert it
> > into 3.1 mesh and then used Mesh Compressor.
>
> In case you didn't know, there is a very well done plugin for Wings3D
> allowing you to export your meshes directly to POV 3.5.
> It's at: http://www.midcoast.com.au/~rgcoy/hobbies/wings.html

Yes, but it doesn't help for the Surface Subdivision Suite.

--
-Jide

Post a reply to this message