POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to place a warp on a sphere? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:09:03 EDT (-0400)
  How to place a warp on a sphere? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: How to place a warp on a sphere?
Date: 10 Apr 2003 13:04:29
Message: <3E95C069.BA9CA59B@tiscalinet.de>
High!

I have a problem with warps on a texture (in this case, a slightly
turbulated gradient y texture, it's intended to be a cloud
texture for a gas giant) assigned to a sphere:
When the sphere is at <0, 0, 0> with a radius of 1, and the camera at,
let's say <0, 0, -3> looking at <0, 0, 0>, a warp
visible at the center of the sphere side facing the camera should have
the position <0, 0, -1>... I tried this, but the warp
doesn't show up at all! What went wrong?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

> I have a problem with warps on a texture (in this case, a slightly
> turbulated gradient y texture, it's intended to be a cloud
> texture for a gas giant) assigned to a sphere:
> When the sphere is at <0, 0, 0> with a radius of 1, and the camera at,
> let's say <0, 0, -3> looking at <0, 0, 0>, a warp
> visible at the center of the sphere side facing the camera should have
> the position <0, 0, -1>... I tried this, but the warp
> doesn't show up at all! What went wrong?

Thats difficult to say without source.

Post a reply to this message

you could make a test on a disc with different values of z for your warp
Marc

news: 3E95C069.BA9CA59B@tiscalinet.de...
> High!
>
> I have a problem with warps on a texture (in this case, a slightly
> turbulated gradient y texture, it's intended to be a cloud
> texture for a gas giant) assigned to a sphere:
> When the sphere is at <0, 0, 0> with a radius of 1, and the camera at,
> let's say <0, 0, -3> looking at <0, 0, 0>, a warp
> visible at the center of the sphere side facing the camera should have
> the position <0, 0, -1>... I tried this, but the warp
> doesn't show up at all! What went wrong?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Post a reply to this message