POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : converting dxf Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  converting dxf (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: ross litscher
Subject: converting dxf
Date: 19 Nov 2002 14:01:23
Message: <3DDA8CC4.3040607@osu.edu>
Hello tracers. I recently downloaded blender to give it a whirl in
modeling. I'd still like to render things with povray though. On first
look it seems like it would be easiest to save as DXF and find a
converter. I havn't been able to find any dxf to povray converters.
freeware, as this is just for a hobby. I have found python packages that
are supposedly for blender specific and exporting to povray usable
meshes, but i havn't been able to get any of those to work. I'm trying
to do this under linux. Anything on the links page on povray.org has
either been a broken link (dxf2pov for example) or not really just a
converter but a software package that i'd have to buy. the 3DWin line of
converters has a 3dto3d source code package but it again looks not free.

So does anyone have any experience on using blender modeled scenes with
povray? i'm using blender 2.25 as found on blender.org's download
section and povray 3.5.

thanks,
ross

p.s. if this is too off-topic, feel free to let me know and i'll throw
it in the off topic group, or maybe the unix group?

Post a reply to this message

I've never rendered Blender models in POV, but (shameless plug):

Goto http://autocad2pov.povray.co.uk, on the downloads page and download the
OLD package at the bottom of the page(it converts dxf to POV 3.1 or
MegaPOV).  Maybe that will work for you.

news:3DD### [at] osuedu...