POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povQ&T, new try Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  povQ&T, new try (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Warp
Subject: povQ&T, new try
Date: 1 Sep 2002 11:12:33
Message: <3d722e61@news.povray.org>
(Oops! I accidentally deleted the other article (I was trying to delete
my own reply to that article, not the article itself). Well, never mind.)

  I decided to try a slightly different approach. I don't have Netscape4
myself, but I asked a friend of mine to send me a couple of snapshots.
I think that the new navigation bar should look just like a bunch of
regular links at the left of the page.
  In Mozilla and IE the new navigation bar should look almost identical,
except that in Mozilla it stays fixed with respect to the viewport (this
shouldn't be a problem in IE nor Netscape 4; there it just doesn't stay
fixed).

  Could you please test this version and give me some comments? Thanks.

  By the way, I apologize for the flamewar in the other thread. I still
think that Netscape 4 is dead, but if this new approach for the navbar
does not mess up the page there, then good.

>   (Oops! I accidentally deleted the other article (I was trying to delete
> my own reply to that article, not the article itself). Well, never mind.)
>
>   I decided to try a slightly different approach. I don't have Netscape4
> myself, but I asked a friend of mine to send me a couple of snapshots.
> I think that the new navigation bar should look just like a bunch of
> regular links at the left of the page.
>   In Mozilla and IE the new navigation bar should look almost identical,
> except that in Mozilla it stays fixed with respect to the viewport (this
> shouldn't be a problem in IE nor Netscape 4; there it just doesn't stay
> fixed).

It looks all right in NS4 and IE3 here, just plain links but at least not
obviously broken like before.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> does not mess up the page there, then good.

It works on IE Mac.  On Netscape 4.8 Mac the SDL examples are still
unreadable small, but everything else works fine.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde