POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object pattern in media - syntax ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  object pattern in media - syntax ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: object pattern in media - syntax ?
Date: 14 Jul 2002 08:26:45
Message: <3D316D5A.5000400@skynet.be>
Could someone tell me the correct syntax for using
the 'object' pattern in a media density ?

I tried simply this :

sphere {<0,0,0>,10 hollow
  interior
  {
  media {
   emission .1
   density {
    object {box {<0,0,0>,<2,2,2>}}
   }
  }
  }//<-- stops here
  pigment {Clear}
}

But dear POV tells me "error : missing pigment"...

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: object pattern in media - syntax ?
Date: 14 Jul 2002 08:42:41
Message: <3D3171C1.43456513@gmx.de>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> Could someone tell me the correct syntax for using
> the 'object' pattern in a media density ?

The object pattern is similar to a block pattern like checker or hexagon
but the list items have to be inside the object{} block and are not
optional.

For syntax see section 6.8.3.2 and 6.7.11.23:

sphere {<0,0,0>,10 hollow
  material {
    interior {
      media {