POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature proposition - gamma Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Feature proposition - gamma (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Feature proposition - gamma
Date: 25 Jun 2002 09:48:53
Message: <3D187441.7080306@wanadoo.be>
Please note that this is a proposition, not a request.

Why not set he default assumed_gamma to 1 for 3.5 SDL? This should
assure better compatibility for new user scenes.

While I'am at it, why not put a "First set your display gamma" (look at
the pict, enter the value _there_[oops! that is a bit platform specific]
and voila!) in the Beggining Tutorial or elsewhere in the introduction
to Pov?

Povingly.

Philippe

PS: "a proposition, not a request" = I do not really care about that,
but imho that simple default change would make Pov a bit more
newbie-friendly.