POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : elastic cube Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  elastic cube (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Gergely Vandor
Subject: elastic cube
Date: 1 Apr 2002 10:43:50
Message: <Xns91E3B441CD252gergelyvamoraviaitco@204.213.191.226>
I've made an elastic cube (a cubic grid of spheres connected with springs).

I've posted a version of the source to povray.binaries.scene-files. It
basicly shows an animation of the cube falling down on a surface.

Unfortunately, the thing itself has serious "bugs". In the animation you'll
see that the springs seem to "lose strength", which seems unnatural.
(Render the scene and you'll see what I mean.)

Another, more serious bug is that if you rotate the cube before dropping
it, it simply falls apart after hitting the surface. (A somewhat similar
problem arises if you try to "pull away" one of spheres.)

Right now I don't really know the cause of these problems. Please help.

--

Gergely

Post a reply to this message