POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cross-platform editor Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  cross-platform editor (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Pabs
Subject: Re: cross-platform editor
Date: 31 Jan 2002 03:57:46
Message: <3c59070a@news.povray.org>
> There are some screenshots of the Smellenbergh unofficial GUI here:
> http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/
After 3.5 I wouldn't mind trying to port some of those cool modeller-type
stuff* to POVWin for the next MegaPOV
If a Mac developer could give some assistance I'm sure I could do it
reasonably well.
But I guess most people would just use the Moray stuff.

Bye,
Pabs

*BTW for those that don't know those features are:
Material, colour_map, slope_map & lathe/sor/bezier
graphical editor, MultiCopy template & Options dialog
(no more typing commandline paremters if you don't want to)

Post a reply to this message

From: Grey Knight
Date: 31 Jan 2002 05:51:20
Message: <3C5921A2.712E636@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
I don't know about everyone else, but I would certainly use it! I don't
use Moray (largely because even at two layers thick, my taskbar gets
real crowded real fast ;] buuut what can ya do?)

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }

Post a reply to this message

From: Tony[B]
Date: 31 Jan 2002 10:28:31
Message: <3c59629f@news.povray.org>
I agree with the one called Grey Knight! Please, do it! :)

Post a reply to this message

From: smellenbergh
Date: 31 Jan 2002 12:30:43
Message: <1f6vza1.s7uw431r7w0piN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Pabs <pab### [at] NOzSiPpAMto> wrote:

> > There are some screenshots of the Smellenbergh unofficial GUI here:
> > http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/
> After 3.5 I wouldn't mind trying to port some of those cool modeller-type
> stuff* to POVWin for the next MegaPOV
> If a Mac developer could give some assistance I'm sure I could do it
> reasonably well.
We, MacMegaPOV, will give assistance where and when needed within our
capabilities!

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

From: Josh English
Date: 31 Jan 2002 16:28:27
Message: <3C59B6D6.3591D128@spiritone.com>
Fabien HENON wrote:

> I kept on searching and apparently python with tcl/tk is easily ported
> and meet the demands ..

I can't get tcl/tk to work on my Mac using Python 2.2 very well. It is
not fully supported on the Mac platform yet.

I use W widgets for my projects.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
http://www.spiritone.com/~english

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 31 Jan 2002 23:55:05
Message: <chrishuff-0E4445.23561631012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c59070a@news.povray.org>, "Pabs" <pab### [at] NOzSiPpAMto>
wrote:

> > There are some screenshots of the Smellenbergh unofficial GUI here:
> > http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/
> After 3.5 I wouldn't mind trying to port some of those cool modeller-type
> stuff* to POVWin for the next MegaPOV
> If a Mac developer could give some assistance I'm sure I could do it
> reasonably well.
> But I guess most people would just use the Moray stuff.

I wonder if a Java tool would be useful...performance wouldn't be a huge
priority. Or maybe even GLUT could be used.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Pabs
Date: 1 Feb 2002 00:57:58