POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Musesum - Ideas? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  The Musesum - Ideas? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andrea Ryan
Subject: The Musesum - Ideas?
Date: 24 Dec 2001 19:42:40
Message: <3C27CA88.375C38B4@global2000.net>
So far, the only things that I am sure that the POVCity 2 museum will
have are classic computer graphics stuff like the teapot and the
reflective sphere over the checkered plane.  A version of the pov logo
should also be outside and inside the museum, maybe in water fountains.
There could also be pictures rendered by different versions of POV-Ray
to show how it has developed.
Does anyone have any ideas about what else could be put in and around
the museum?  It's one of the public building so people's ideas are
welcome.
How large should the museum be?  It was originally intended to be a
science museum but there could be some floors for science, computer
graphics and math (I got to work on the polyhedra again or just use
include files that are already out there).  The scientific stuff would
include samples of rocks and minerals, chemical elements and models of
planets.  I also have the idea of making timelines for the history of
the universe, geological time, various eras and the history of
civilization.  There could be exhibits along the timelines, making the
museum really huge.  The timelines could overlap and there could be
signs showing changes in scales where sub-timelines begin.  The
timelines could spiral up the museum along the outer walls.  Either the
museum will have to be tall and thin or preferably shorter and more
squat as I envision it.  The central part of the museum inside the
timeline spiral could be used for other exhibits.
Brendan

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have any ideas about what else could be put in and around
> the museum?

Rusty.

--
ICQ: 46085459