POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : orthographic camera 3.5 beta 10 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  orthographic camera 3.5 beta 10 (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Herman Serras
Subject: orthographic camera 3.5 beta 10
Date: 15 Jan 2002 08:32:53
Message: <3C442F92.38DF7824@pandora.be>
I often use "orthographic" in the camera definition. In the latest
release beta 10 this results in an error: Parse error: Expected
'camera-modifier', orthographic found instead.
In the help I don't find anything about this change.
--
Herman Serras
Gent (Belgium)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:33:06 +0100, Herman Serras <Her### [at] pandorabe>
wrote:
> I often use "orthographic" in the camera definition. In the latest
> release beta 10 this results in an error: Parse error: Expected
> 'camera-modifier', orthographic found instead.
> In the help I don't find anything about this change.

Below is parsed ok:

camera{orthographic up y}

but below returns your message

camera{up y orthographic}

For me it is expected behaviour becous documentation says in 6.4.2 : "In general
the CAMERA_TYPE should be the first item in a camera statement."

If you want old behaviour just change version befor and after camera definition.
Below works fine:

#version 3.1;
camera{up y orthographic}
#version 3.5;

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I often use "orthographic" in the camera definition. In the latest
> release beta 10 this results in an error: Parse error: Expected
> 'camera-modifier', orthographic found instead. In the help I don't find
> anything about this change.

Try moving "orthographic" to the first line of the camera definition.
I'm not sure the syntax changes made it into the docs.

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

However as you express, this syntax change isn't made in the docs (as
far as I see).

--
Herman Serras
Gent (Belgium)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:52:21 +0100, Herman Serras <Her### [at] pandorabe>
wrote:
> However as you express, this syntax change isn't made in the docs (as
> far as I see).

If there is any hole in 3.5 documentation then you should report it in
povray.beta-test group with [doc] prefix in subject, however I pointed you in
this thread documentation says in 6.4.2 : "In general
the CAMERA_TYPE should be the first item in a camera statement."

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:52:21 +0100, Herman Serras <Her### [at] pandorabe>
> wrote:
> > However as you express, this syntax change isn't made in the docs (as
> > far as I see).
>
> If there is any hole in 3.5 documentation then you should report it in
> povray.beta-test group with [doc] prefix in subject, however I pointed you in
> this thread documentation says in 6.4.2 : "In general
> the CAMERA_TYPE should be the first item in a camera statement."

That's true but in the same paragraph I read:
"If you add the orthographic keyword after all other parameters of a
perspective camera you'll get an orthographic view with the same image
area"...
So you can understand my confusion.

--
Herman Serras