POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention (Message 1 to 10 of 40)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Convention
Date: 1 Jun 2001 10:19:58
Message: <3B17A3F1.B7E9C2C8@pacbell.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "GrimDude" <Gri### [at] nwarkcom> wrote :
> >
> > Well, I think it's time to post cross-forum and get responses for a
> > head-count.
>
>     OK, so the idea is for a 2002 convention either in Orlando Florida USA
> or Atlanta Georgia USA or other location to be agreed upon in the USA.
>
>     Who's up for it?

How about a nice midway point like Aspen Colorado. Less heat and humidity
than the two locations mentioned above and definately more beautiful.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 1 Jun 2001 10:25:44
Message: <slrn9hf9f9.5so.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:13:15 -0400, Bill DeWitt wrote:

>"GrimDude" <Gri### [at] nwarkcom> wrote :
>>
>> Well, I think it's time to post cross-forum and get responses for a
>> head-count.
>
>    OK, so the idea is for a 2002 convention either in Orlando Florida USA
>or Atlanta Georgia USA or other location to be agreed upon in the USA.
>
>    Who's up for it?

I might be, if Julie agrees.  She'd be more likely to agree to Orlando than
Atlanta, since she has family in Florida.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{

Post a reply to this message

> How about a nice midway point like Aspen Colorado. Less heat and humidity
> than the two locations mentioned above and definately more beautiful.

    Depends on your tastes I guess, I like oceans better than rocks.

    Is there some-pov-one in Aspen that can make the arrangements and help
people who need info about lodging and travel etc?

Post a reply to this message

> "GrimDude" <Gri### [at] nwarkcom> wrote :
> >
> > Well, I think it's time to post cross-forum and get responses for a
> > head-count.
>
>     OK, so the idea is for a 2002 convention either in Orlando Florida USA
> or Atlanta Georgia USA or other location to be agreed upon in the USA.
>
>     Who's up for it?

What about organizing multiple conventions simultaneously around the
world, linked by some webcams ?

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:35:46 +0200, Fabien Mosen wrote:

>3b17a309@news.povray.org...
>>
>> "GrimDude" <Gri### [at] nwarkcom> wrote :
>> >
>> > Well, I think it's time to post cross-forum and get responses for a
>> > head-count.
>>
>>     OK, so the idea is for a 2002 convention either in Orlando Florida USA
>> or Atlanta Georgia USA or other location to be agreed upon in the USA.
>>
>>     Who's up for it?
>
>What about organizing multiple conventions simultaneously around the
>world, linked by some webcams ?

Who gets to be the lucky country that has to do their convention at 0200
local time?