POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newbee Question Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Newbee Question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ian Pembroke
Subject: Newbee Question
Date: 3 Feb 2001 14:32:26
Message: <3a7c5cca@news.povray.org>
Hullo All,
I'm completely new to PovRay and am experimenting with the basics so please
excuse the following dumb question.
I'v set up a scene with a camera, lights and a sphere with a phong finish
and it renders OK.
I want to try the rendering quality switches but don't know how to write the
lines of code for this nor where to place them in my source code file. Can
you please help?
Thanking you in anticipation.
Ian Pembroke

Post a reply to this message

> I'm completely new to PovRay and am experimenting with the basics so please
> excuse the following dumb question.
> I'v set up a scene with a camera, lights and a sphere with a phong finish
> and it renders OK.
> I want to try the rendering quality switches but don't know how to write the
> lines of code for this nor where to place them in my source code file. Can
> you please help?

You need to give them on the command line or, if you're using windows,
in the inifile settings window (don't know the exact place, because I
don't use windows).