POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Intel plans to use Pov Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Intel plans to use Pov (Message 9 to 18 of 28)
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Dearmad
Subject: Re: Intel plans to use Pov
Date: 17 Jan 2001 19:49:22
Message: <3A663EC1.36BA0B30@teleport.com>
Well they BETTER have agreed to it, sheesh!  It would go
against the spirit of POV to say no....

excited to see where this leads....
--
http://www.teleport.com/~dearmad
But why bother?  I'm not interesting.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Kong
Date: 17 Jan 2001 23:25:51
Message: <sqrc6tordp5k08fapb9ju03l0cidpt1o2h@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:00:07 +0100 Gilles Tran wrote:

>Intel plans to run demos that would use POV-Ray (and possibly Megapov)
>at the next LinuxWorld (in New York, Jan 29-Feb 2). The idea is to
>demonstrate the speed of their Intel "Alpha" Linux Compiler on a P4 at
>1.5 Gz.

  Hi, Gilles. This wouldn't be the first time that POV-Ray has been used
to show off Intel processors. Remember this demo presented by IBM?

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9903/16/super.idg/

  Obviously, when it comes to networked computers, Skyvase.pov may no
longer be a valid benchmark for processing power of this magnitude. For
single cpu home-based systems, though, it's still fun to see how close
we can get to the Cray <s>.