POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : web site problems Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  web site problems (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: web site problems
Date: 7 Jan 2001 22:48:07
Message: <3a593877$1@news.povray.org>
The webmaster is not taking mail, but instead asks that we use the
newsgroup.

I get a "Runtime Error" on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the povray.org site, which
makes it extremely annoying to use.  It tells me, "Line: 1 Error: Invalid
character".

I wonder if it has something to do with the "Flycast Ad" patent-pending
advertising script that's embedded in every page?

--John

Post a reply to this message

> The webmaster is not taking mail, but instead asks that we use the
> newsgroup.
>
> I get a "Runtime Error" on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the povray.org site, which
> makes it extremely annoying to use.  It tells me, "Line: 1 Error: Invalid
> character".

What browser are you using?  I used to get this error on an old version
of Netscape for OS/2 that didn't process Javascrit properly.

> I wonder if it has something to do with the "Flycast Ad" patent-pending
> advertising script that's embedded in every page?

Probably.

--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
    flabreque     | button on a cat who wants breakfast.

Post a reply to this message