POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2^3*4^4: quick what is it? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  2^3*4^4: quick what is it? (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: 2^3*4^4: quick what is it?
Date: 29 Nov 2000 16:11:39
Message: <3A256FAE.B1265F05@my-dejanews.com>
It is interesting that when I do a #debug for a variable which I have
declared as  [ #declare angie=2^3*4^4;]
povray tells me it is 1084576,  when I paste this text (2^3*4^4) into
Lotus1-2-3, the result is 2048.

The Lotus 1-2-3 answer is based on the hierarchy of operators I remember
from grade school. Is povray's hierarchy of operators like that of C or
is it "new"?

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:05:50 -0500, Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>It is interesting that when I do a #debug for a variable which I have
>declared as  [ #declare angie=2^3*4^4;]
>povray tells me it is 1084576,  when I paste this text (2^3*4^4) into
>Lotus1-2-3, the result is 2048.
>
>The Lotus 1-2-3 answer is based on the hierarchy of operators I remember
>from grade school. Is povray's hierarchy of operators like that of C or
>is it "new"?

How did you do that?  POV doesn't have a ^ operator.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

> How did you do that?  POV doesn't have a ^ operator.

MegaPov does in the isosurface feature.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message