POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New computer for use with PovRay Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  New computer for use with PovRay (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: New computer for use with PovRay
Date: 30 Nov 2000 19:58:12
Message: <3A26F710.FD44E252@faricy.net>
Warp wrote:

> Andy Cocker <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote:
> : doubling the RAM will help POV more.
>
>   Only if you are running out of memory with your scenes.
>   If not, the CPU speed will help more.

Why upgrade the CPU? Matt says to just start measuring it in Hz instead...

From: Matt Giwer
Date: 30 Nov 2000 22:51:14
Message: <3A272033.33392E84@ij.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Warp wrote:
>
> > Andy Cocker <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote:
> > : doubling the RAM will help POV more.
> >
> >   Only if you are running out of memory with your scenes.
> >   If not, the CPU speed will help more.
>
> Why upgrade the CPU? Matt says to just start measuring it in Hz instead...

	When did I say Hertz in this context?

	Another lie?

	Why is lying necessary?

--
Welfare may be cradle to grave but with food stamps
you can buy paper plates but not toilet paper.

Post a reply to this message