POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Rune
Subject: Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement
Date: 24 Sep 2000 09:34:11
Message: <39ce02d3@news.povray.org>
In the fisheye camera type I'd like the confinement to a circular area to be
optional. I think that would make it a much more useful camera type.

This suggestion is not meant for any specific version of POV-Ray.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

: In the fisheye camera type I'd like the confinement to a circular area to be
: optional. I think that would make it a much more useful camera type.

  Are you sure the function used to calculate it allows this?

  I wouldn't be surprised if the function uses a square root of a value
which is negative outside that circular area.