POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GIF file support? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  GIF file support? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: GIF file support?
Date: 11 Sep 2000 23:40:28
Message: <39bda5ac@news.povray.org>
Err, this is getting confusing!
I posted a message before without a subject (by accident) and now
it's disappeared.  Then I reposted without the text.  Then I posted
again without the subject.

Anyhow, I was using Mike Houghs patched version of MegaPOV
(the one he used for his flower image) and I got a message telling
me that GIF images will no longer be supported because of
legal issues.  This hasn't happened with my regular version of
MegaPOV 0.5.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Is
this for sure about no GIF support?

--
- Doug Eichenberg
  http://www.getinfo.net/douge