POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hall of Fame Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Hall of Fame (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Halbert
Subject: Hall of Fame
Date: 10 Sep 2000 16:59:05
Message: <39bbf619@news.povray.org>
Has there been any discussion about inducting new images into the Povray
Hall of Fame? ( For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, it is
the images that www.povray.org displays one of when you bring up their web
page.) If so, and if the concensus is that more images should be added, what
is the process for deciding what images will be added?

--

http://www.capital.net/~hhawkins

Post a reply to this message

> Has there been any discussion about inducting new images into the Povray
> Hall of Fame? ( For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, it is
> the images that www.povray.org displays one of when you bring up their web
> page.) If so, and if the concensus is that more images should be added, what
> is the process for deciding what images will be added?

Chris Cason is in charge of povray.org and has control over what
is displayed on the site. I think that whenever he sees an image
the strikes his fancy he includes it in the image queue. As far
as I know there is no committee action involved in the process.

| > Has there been any discussion about inducting new images into the Povray
| > Hall of Fame? ( For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, it
is
| > the images that www.povray.org displays one of when you bring up their
web
| > page.) If so, and if the concensus is that more images should be added,
what
| > is the process for deciding what images will be added?
|
| Chris Cason is in charge of povray.org and has control over what
| is displayed on the site. I think that whenever he sees an image
| the strikes his fancy he includes it in the image queue. As far
| as I know there is no committee action involved in the process.

I was just looking around to see the gallery at www.povray.org and since I
never applied to be listed figured I would while there.  The submissions are
being stopped for now as the place gets a change.  When I looked at the Hall
of Fame page I couldn't help thinking that some fresh new talent could
certainly go there along side those 3 old favorites.  It's almost as though
the well-known artists hark back to the early days only.  Definitely several
people I can think of that deserve similar status.  Maybe a voting form
could be incorporated at the gallery page then by democratic means the Hall
of Fame be updated.

BTW, this post of yours, Halbert, has ended up in May when listed by date.
Another posting already had the same subject name, but maybe you already
noticed that.

Bob

Post a reply to this message