POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  4.0 Feature discussion (Message 1 to 10 of 94)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: 4.0 Feature discussion
Date: 7 Sep 2000 09:51:40
Message: <39B79C30.E480F2D9@my-dejanews.com>
1) PROGRESSIVE RENDER.
The one thing I like about Bryce is that it does a progressive render:
first shows you a 40 x 30 render of your scene, then a 160 x 120, and so
on up to the resolution you're asking for. When positioning my camera, I
often want to do something like this. If I have a really complex object
or special effect, I have to wait a long time to see the "feet" of my
image just to see if it's positioned right.   I suppose I could change
my quickres.ini file to include these scenes and do the extra dozen
mouseclicks each time to see a progressively greater resolution, but
isn't that what we have computers for?

2) VOLUME
I'd like to be able to know the volume of an object.

Post a reply to this message