POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "once" keyword? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  "once" keyword? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ddombrow
Subject: "once" keyword?
Date: 28 Aug 2000 22:49:40
Message: <39ab24c4$1@news.povray.org>
Thought I heard something mentioned about a "once" keyword to stop image
maps from repeating. Can anyone tell me how this is used, or at least where
it is explained in the docs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks,
Dan D.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: "once" keyword?
Date: 28 Aug 2000 23:10:18
Message: <39ab299a@news.povray.org>
"ddombrow" <ddo### [at] vtedu> wrote in message
| Thought I heard something mentioned about a "once" keyword to stop image
| maps from repeating. Can anyone tell me how this is used, or at least
where
| it is explained in the docs.

It's a simple thing really, just add it in to the image_map statement and
only a single instance of the image will be mapped to the <0,0,0>,<1,1,0>
space for planar (map_type 0, the default) mapping.  Doesn't do anything for
map_type 1 or 5 (I don't think so anyway) since they wrap fully around.
Cylindrical, map_type 2, however is tileable up and down along the y axis
only wrapping around the y axis.
The section called Bitmap Modifiers explains, or find through Textures/Image
maps.

Bob

Post a reply to this message