POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stray black pixels in media Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:09:01 EDT (-0400)
  Stray black pixels in media (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Stray black pixels in media
Date: 24 Aug 2000 08:31:15
Message: <39A51462.4E4381D3@my-dejanews.com>
I'm making an underwater scene where I'm using absorbing media to make
murky water.   I have noticed that in the scene there are many stray
black pixels, especially in the areas where it is pretty dark already.
I'm assuming that I just don't have enough "work" being done by povray
to give a consistent color background.

What media parameter should I boost to correct this problem?

Post a reply to this message

"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
> I'm making an underwater scene where I'm using absorbing media to make
> murky water.   I have noticed that in the scene there are many stray
> black pixels, especially in the areas where it is pretty dark already.
> I'm assuming that I just don't have enough "work" being done by povray
> to give a consistent color background.
>
> What media parameter should I boost to correct this problem?

Are you using mega or standard pov?

At a guess, I would try increasing intervals.

Post a reply to this message