POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV referenced needed Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  POV referenced needed (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: POV referenced needed
Date: 11 Sep 2000 15:20:18
Message: <39BD305A.FA070C58@alleganisd.org>
I was just thinking that a POV reference would be very helpful.
Specifically, it should list all the parameters and commands in
the POV language, and what the minimum and maximum values are for
each command parameter. It would also list the data type for each
parameter. Ex: turbulence is a float from 0.0 to 1.0. This would
help developers when they are making software to use with POV.

For example, do you need to specify turbulence in order to change
frequency? Turbulence range: 0.0-1.0.

I got some numbers from the existing POV help file but many
numbers are still sketchy. Some commands have no upper limit. But
when you reach a certain max, does the command have any effect?

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

A quick test with two spheres, one with ambient 1 and the other with
ambient 10, don't appear to be different, but they would affect
radiosity differently.

I don't know of any index that has all of this information, though.

Josh

Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I was just thinking that a POV reference would be very helpful.
> Specifically, it should list all the parameters and commands in
> the POV language, and what the minimum and maximum values are for
> each command parameter. It would also list the data type for each
> parameter. Ex: turbulence is a float from 0.0 to 1.0. This would
> help developers when they are making software to use with POV.
>
> For example, do you need to specify turbulence in order to change
> frequency? Turbulence range: 0.0-1.0.
>
> I got some numbers from the existing POV help file but many
> numbers are still sketchy. Some commands have no upper limit. But
> when you reach a certain max, does the command have any effect?
>
> --
> See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
> lists free internet access providers.
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/free.htm
>
> Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
> Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
> code and hints.
> At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac