POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is warp type? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  What is warp type? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: What is warp type?
Date: 6 Sep 2000 14:46:35
Message: <39B691E0.22B7683B@accn.org>
In the POV docs, under warp, for the blackhole type of warp,
there is a "type" keyword followed by a number. What is this
number? How is it used? The help file doesn't say.

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

> In the POV docs, under warp, for the blackhole type of warp,
> there is a "type" keyword followed by a number. What is this
> number? How is it used? The help file doesn't say.

Probably an unimplemented feature, the source only seems to use type 0.
Kind of like the "track" keyword in light sources...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

> Kind of like the "track" keyword in light sources...

Never heard of it. Any idea on what it was for?

Post a reply to this message

> > Kind of like the "track" keyword in light sources...
>
> Never heard of it. Any idea on what it was for?

We are still researching that.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> > Kind of like the "track" keyword in light sources...
>
> Never heard of it. Any idea on what it was for?

It does absolutely nothing, except set a variable in light sources which
is never used. I have no idea what it was intended to do originally.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

: I have no idea what it was intended to do originally.

  Or in the future...