POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dumb question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:07 EDT (-0400)
  dumb question (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Halbert
Subject: Re: dumb question
Date: 31 Aug 2000 19:45:43
Message: <39aeee27@news.povray.org>
> <rambling>...</rambling>

New HTML tags? :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon de Vet
Date: 31 Aug 2000 23:42:57
Message: <39AF261E.C0A05189@istar.ca>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         I have been playing with graphics since Photoshop 2.5SE. I have seen
> HSV and other color spaces talks about, conversions and just about
> everything. But I have yet to come across other than RGB in any primary
> application.

HSL is used, indirectly, in most windows applications.

If you run windows, bring up the Display window in the Control Panel. Try
choosing a custom colour, anywhere. The window which is presented has the hues
running left to right, the saturation running top to bottom, and the lightness
in a slider on the right.

Choosing HSL manually is ackward, but it's the easiest to grasp visually.
Imagine the same screen with red running left to right, green top to bottom, and
a seperate slider for blue. No one would ever find the colour they want!

Simon

Post a reply to this message