POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need help with POV commands Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:08:16 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with POV commands (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: Need help with POV commands
Date: 24 Aug 2000 08:47:26
Message: <39A51A25.EE3C612@accn.org>
I need some help with POV commands. Like which commands require
other commands. So far I have these commands require turbulence:
lambda, omega, octaves, frequency.

Does phase require a wave type? (ramp_wave, triangle_wave, etc.)
Does a wave type require turbulence? Or is it separate?

I am guessing warp can also be by itself, and it does not require
turbulence or a wave type.

Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks. I did not find my
answers in the POV help file.

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

> I need some help with POV commands. Like which commands require
> other commands. So far I have these commands require turbulence:
> lambda, omega, octaves, frequency.
>
> Does phase require a wave type? (ramp_wave, triangle_wave, etc.)
> Does a wave type require turbulence? Or is it separate?
>
> I am guessing warp can also be by itself, and it does not require
> turbulence or a wave type.
>
> Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks. I did not find my
> answers in the POV help file.

AFAIK all these commands can stand on their own, because there are default
values for all of them. (the default wavetype depends on the pattern)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>