POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cone clipping problem Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  cone clipping problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Subject: cone clipping problem
Date: 21 Aug 2000 22:55:30
Message: <39A1EBC1.51C76A81@tu-bs.de>
Hello !
Hope someone can help me with the following (simple?!) problem:

Imagine a cone being clipped by a plane under a specific angle.
The resulting (clipped) cone is always open (hollow).
How can I avoid this ?

Thank-you in advance.

Jens

Post a reply to this message

> Hope someone can help me with the following (simple?!) problem:
>
> Imagine a cone being clipped by a plane under a specific angle.
> The resulting (clipped) cone is always open (hollow).
> How can I avoid this ?
>
> Thank-you in advance.
>
> Jens

Use an intersection rather than clipping it. By using an intersection
the plane will add its surface to the cone object instead of leaving
it open as you are experiencing.

> Hope someone can help me with the following (simple?!) problem:
>
> Imagine a cone being clipped by a plane under a specific angle.
> The resulting (clipped) cone is always open (hollow).
> How can I avoid this ?
>
> Thank-you in advance.

Aargh! I thought we were done with conic sections! ;)

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/