POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color distribution Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  color distribution (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: color distribution
Date: 19 Aug 2000 15:30:04
Message: <399EE1DE.3F51F2AB@pobox.com>
Has anyone determined (analytically or empirically) the distribution of
values in a bozo pattern?

In other words, suppose I want to make a color_map in which each of N
colors covers 1/N of the total surface area; where do the boundaries go?

--
Anton Sherwood  --  br0### [at] p0b0xcom  --  http://ogre.nu/

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone determined (analytically or empirically) the distribution of
> values in a bozo pattern?
>
> In other words, suppose I want to make a color_map in which each of N
> colors covers 1/N of the total surface area; where do the boundaries go?

Why don't you do a nice big render of a bozo plane, then use the file as an
image_map in MegaPOV and use eval_pigment to make a histogram?

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/

Post a reply to this message

> Why don't you do a nice big render of a bozo plane, then use the file
> as an image_map in MegaPOV and use eval_pigment to make a histogram?

Why not just use eval_pigment() directly with a bozo pigment? Or even
better, just use eval_pattern() with bozo...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

> Why not just use eval_pigment() directly with a bozo pigment? Or even
> better, just use eval_pattern() with bozo...

Duh, of course!!!
See, originally I was going to say write a C program to read he pic and
make a histogram. Then I realized that could be done with MegaPOV, but was
too stupid to realize the first render was a wasteful step...