POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does limestone look? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  How does limestone look? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Remco Poelstra
Subject: How does limestone look?
Date: 1 Aug 2000 09:42:03
Message: <398728C0.8276B073@home.nl>
Hi,

I read that the Zeus temple (the temple I'm working on) is made of shell
limestone, but I don't know what that is and how it looks like. Can
someone point me to a texture?

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message

From: Vahur Krouverk
Subject: Re: How does limestone look?
Date: 1 Aug 2000 10:05:48
Message: <3986D94B.3C8E7A18@aetec.ee>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read that the Zeus temple (the temple I'm working on) is made of shell
> limestone, but I don't know what that is and how it looks like. Can
> someone point me to a texture?
>
> Remco Poelstra

Try these:
http://www.soton.ac.uk/~imw/durlmid.htm
http://www.albionstonequarries.com/flooring_fact_sheets.htm

or alternatively, go to http://www.google.com and enter
shell limestone, texture
into entry field and press "Google Search".

HTH

Post a reply to this message

> > I read that the Zeus temple (the temple I'm working on) is made of shell
> > limestone, but I don't know what that is and how it looks like. Can
> > someone point me to a texture?
> >
> > Remco Poelstra
>
> Try these:
> http://www.soton.ac.uk/~imw/durlmid.htm
> http://www.albionstonequarries.com/flooring_fact_sheets.htm

Thanks, I'm sure the temple is going to look good :-)

Remco