POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Which upgrade would help the most? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Which upgrade would help the most? (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: Re: Which upgrade would help the most?
Date: 21 Jul 2000 22:50:10
Message: <39790be2@news.povray.org>
Another thing to consider is the speed of the system bus and the memory...
even with a fast CPU, you are still limited by how fast information moves in
OTHER areas.

- Doug Eichenberg

Post a reply to this message

That's right. A 66MHz memory bus vs. a 100MHz one may make a considerable
difference.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/

Post a reply to this message