POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Faceted Torus Macros Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:13 EDT (-0400)
  New Faceted Torus Macros (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: SamuelT
Subject: New Faceted Torus Macros
Date: 15 Jun 2000 00:31:38
Message: <39485CD4.289AA955@aol.com>
Hi all, I've been playing around and came up with a torus macro which
creates faceted torii. It's probably been done before, but it was fun to
do. The torus is either made up of cylinders or triangles, so they
render relatively fast. There are no redundant objects, as far as I can
tell, unless you count the sphere at each intersection for the cylinder
version of the macro. See image in povray.binaries.images for an example
image. The macro can be found at povray.binaries.scenes-files

Have a good evening~

--
Samuel Benge