POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone going to SIGGRAPH? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone going to SIGGRAPH? (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Anyone going to SIGGRAPH?
Date: 14 Jun 2000 23:07:12
Message: <39484860@news.povray.org>
news:394845C4.6BB27FD2@pacbell.net...

| > 800 miles round trip for me.  Think the SIGGRAPH 2001 is going to be in
New
| > York and I'd like to go there sometime too.

Apparently it isn't going to be in N.Y. according to Mark Gordon  :-)

| I've been to New York. If I had to choose between New York and a vacation
| in Europe I think I would take my chances with Europe.

Point taken, but I've simply got to see the Empire State Building and Statue
of Liberty one of these days.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jun 2000 23:09:53
Message: <39484901@news.povray.org>
Thankyou Mark, I wasn't sure about it at all.  I only noticed someone listed
under a SIGGRAPH 2001 line there at the 2000 web site apparently a committee
member maybe located in New York.

Bob

"Mark Gordon" <mtg### [at] mailbagcom> wrote in message
| Bob Hughes wrote:
|
| > I'll have to think fast here if I want to get around 300 miles of gas
money
| > out of the savings from the after-16th of June admission price.  It's
about
| > 800 miles round trip for me.
|
| I'm planning on taking a bus rather than flying, in order to save
| money.  A bus from Wisconsin to Louisiana isn't too long a trip.
|
| > Think the SIGGRAPH 2001 is going to be in New
| > York and I'd like to go there sometime too.  Wait and see though, it'll be
| > slated for February probably.  ha ha ha
| >
| > Bob
|
| From http://www.siggraph.org/calendar/calendar.html:
|
| SIGGRAPH 2001: Los Angeles, California
| SIGGRAPH 2002: San Antonio, Texas
| SIGGRAPH 2003: San Diego, California
|
| This year: New Orleans, Louisiana
| Last year: Los Angeles, California
| The year before: Orlando, Florida
|
| Always in July or August, and always someplace hot. :-P
| Maybe the facility rental is cheaper then...
|
| -Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

> San Diego is generaly cool and temperate. Might be a good year to
> attend. Only an hour and a half drive for me :)

Where were you last year? ;-)

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

> > San Diego is generaly cool and temperate. Might be a good year to
> > attend. Only an hour and a half drive for me :)
>
> Where were you last year? ;-)

Working.