POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : codec Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  codec (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
Subject: codec
Date: 8 Jun 2000 15:26:00
Message: <393ff348@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I have made a program for generating high quality mandel or julia movies,
with variable zoom and some other parameters. It outputs an uncompressed
avi, and I want to produce a compressed 352x288 PAL-video-CD mpeg-movie and
burn it on a CD. I get into povrays page
http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/ where links to several
codecs where available. Have anyone a suggestion for a good codec that
compresses an intricat fractal sequence, without this "clouds" that normally
occurs when compressing an ordinary movie? I know that mpeg originally was
designed for natural films, but there must be a good codec that is optimized
for computer anumations and fractals also. Very greatful for an answer.

Sincerely,
Jonas.

Post a reply to this message

>I have made a program for generating high quality mandel or julia movies,
>with variable zoom and some other parameters. It outputs an uncompressed
>avi, and I want to produce a compressed 352x288 PAL-video-CD mpeg-movie and
>burn it on a CD. I get into povrays page

is it public ? What is the license? If it's free / demo / beta, where
can I get a copy? I'm really hooked on fractals!

>http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/ where links to several
>codecs where available. Have anyone a suggestion for a good codec that
>compresses an intricat fractal sequence, without this "clouds" that normally
>occurs when compressing an ordinary movie?

I would suggest Intel Indeo 5.04 or higher. I think you can download
it from microsoft.com, there was a link in the POV collection to a
page on microsoft.com where codecs were available for download. IIRC,
that is.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

> I would suggest Intel Indeo 5.04 or higher. I think you can download
> it from microsoft.com, there was a link in the POV collection to a
> page on microsoft.com where codecs were available for download. IIRC,
> that is.

Get it straight from Intel at -

http://developer.intel.com/ial/indeo/video/driver.htm