POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: When opinions differ... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: When opinions differ... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rune
Subject: PLC: When opinions differ...
Date: 7 Jun 2000 11:56:53
Message: <393e70c5@news.povray.org>
Another POV-Ray Logo Contest discussion.

We have now made most of the needed rules concerning the logos, I think.

( http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/logo/progress/progress.html )

When we create logos, we now know some basic qualities the logo should have,
and in which formats they must be submitted.

However, there's still lots of discussions to be discussed...

For example, how many different versions of the same logo should we accept?
Should there be a limit? If yes, who would decide which versions should be
used? The author of the logo I guess?

What if a person makes a logo, and people suggests that he should change it
in a certain way to make it look better, but the author disagrees? What if
person B makes a modified version of person A's logo, and person A doesn't
like it, but many others think that it is better? Should person B be allowed
to submit his modified version?

What is more important, that good logos get a chance in the competition even
if they are modified versions of other people's logos, or that the original
author keeps his rights of the logo?

The answers to questions such as those will maybe not become relevant at all
(I hope), but what if they do?

I would like to hear your opinions.

Oh, and by the way, don't stop making up new logos!
And those who has made logos already, try to post them in p.b.i in the
formats specified in the rules.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,