POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : the sun Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  the sun (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: the sun
Date: 7 Jun 2000 23:14:48
Message: <393F1097.187FC2D9@yahoo.com>
has anyone made a realistic sun?  i want to make one of realistic size.
should i make a solid sphere with a nifty texture, put my light inside
and then double illuminate it?  or should i make a hollow sphere and
fill it with the light and some emitting media?  for the light i am
thinking of using a circular area light with both the orient and the
parallel features enabled.  input anyone?

Post a reply to this message

I have a star that could look like you want.
(maybe not the right color, but it can be easily changed.)

If you like it, I could send you the source.

Patrick