POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: Submission formats? (Message 11 to 20 of 73)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: PLC: Submission formats?
Date: 16 May 2000 16:40:46
Message: <3921b24e@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> And then there is my "3 spheres" logo, which
> pretty much requires the red/green/blue
> colors(the text colors are less important,
> but they were also chosen for a reason).

I agree. Your logo is one of those logos where the colors really are
important.

> > I would say that we should restrict the
> > amount of colors. Say like, "no color
> > gradients, only plain colors, and not too
> > many". A couple of colors would be normal
> > while something like 8 different colors
> > would be an absolute maximum. What do you
> > think of this?
>
> I don't think this should be a requirement,
> although it might be a recommendation in the
> rules. I can't really think of a good reason
> to do this.

It's just because... If we allow gradients and the like, how exactly can we
prevent things like shading, reflection, and other complicated effects,
which belongs to the custom formats only?

I think we need some way to tell that although colors are permitted in the
"official colors format", they still must be simple.

> > Do you really think more than 120x120
> > pixels are required just to show the logo
> > in a fancy way?
>
> 120*120 isn't that big on many monitors, and
> many of the smaller details on the fancy
> versions could be lost... an upper limit should
> be set, of course, maybe 300*300.

So we have 2 custom formats of 120x120 max, and one custom at 300x300 max?
I don't like it personally, but if other think we should have it...

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,