POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New rules for the PLC ! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  New rules for the PLC ! (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rune
Subject: New rules for the PLC !
Date: 12 May 2000 16:38:14
Message: <391c6bb6@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody interested in the POV-Ray Logo Contest!

I have looked at the replies to the two votings I made here recently.
About whether or not the logo must be presentable and easy recognizable in
just black and white (with no shades of gray, except for anti-aliasing), and
whether or not the logo must be made in POV-Ray.

70% of the people who have replied thinks that the logo must be presentable
in black and white. Additionally there's some who thinks that the logo ought
to be presentable in black and white, but that it shouldn't be a
requirement. Based on the 70% I hereby make a rule that the logos must be
presentable and easy recognizable in just black and white (with no shades of
gray, except for anti-aliasing).

Remember that the logos can still be presented in a lot of different
interesting formats, but they must *also* be presentable in just black and
white. However, it's up the voters, when they see the black and white
versions, to decide if they are easily recognizable or not.

In the other voting we could see that close to everybody who replied think
that the logo doesn't have to be made in POV-Ray. However, some people would
*prefer* logos made in POV-Ray. I won't make a rule that says the logos must
be made in POV-Ray, but I may include a note to the logo creators that some
people prefers it, just to let them know.

I hope that you will find these decisions fair.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,