POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do i ...? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:57 EDT (-0400)
  How do i ...? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Vanukoff
Subject: How do i ...?
Date: 12 May 2000 15:40:24
Message: <391c5e28$1@news.povray.org>
My scene file is using an orthographic camera, and my object is exactly 20
units wide. My output is going to be 4:3 aspect ratio (1280 x 960 px). My
question is, how far away should I place the camera, facing square on with
the object, to get the side edges to meet exactly with the the side edges of
the screen? I got it pretty close (at 13 units away) using trial and error,
but it is not pixel perfect, which is what I need. Anyone have a formula or
a camera{} statement that will do this?

Here is my snippet (using offical 3.1):

object
{
    o_coolobject  // this object is exactly 20 units wide
}

camera
{
     location < 0.0, 0.0,-13.0>