POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov freezes when I select text Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:49 EDT (-0400)
  Pov freezes when I select text (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SamuelT
Subject: Pov freezes when I select text
Date: 6 May 2000 18:56:02
Message: <3914A372.8F5AB241@aol.com>
Hello all. I have this terrible bug that has been happening ever since I
got Povray 3.1. Sometimes when I select text, my whole system freezes.
It happens more often when I use the mouse to select text. I am using
version 3.1a.watcom.win32 (is 3.1g faster, btw?). I am running it on a
P166 mhz w/ MMX with Windows95, 32 mb ram, a Diamond Stealth video card.

Does anyone else have this problem? Should I get version 3.1g? Thanks in
advance~

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message

> Hello all. I have this terrible bug that has been happening ever since I
> got Povray 3.1. Sometimes when I select text, my whole system freezes.
> It happens more often when I use the mouse to select text. I am using
> version 3.1a.watcom.win32 (is 3.1g faster, btw?). I am running it on a
> P166 mhz w/ MMX with Windows95, 32 mb ram, a Diamond Stealth video card.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem? Should I get version 3.1g? Thanks in
> advance~

You should definately get v3.1g. There are documented bugs in the v3.1a
editor that were fixed in later releases. There are also documented bugs
in v3.1a that are fixed in v3.1g and you are only hurting yourself by
not upgrading.