POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Making of the IRTC "Wet bird" picture
Date: 6 May 2000 13:56:27
Message: <39145C52.977A78F0@inapg.inra.fr>
For those interested, I just put some information here
http://www.inapg.inra.fr/dsa/temp/makingof.htm
about the techniques used in my IRTC "City" entry. These 9 pages contain
more information than  the txt and zip file.
In fact I had planned to put this on my website later this month (along
with a Making of of my "Gardens" entry). However, I was informed by the
IRTC that a few people complained that the my entry was a postprocessed
composition of photographs and some of them went as far as to give
evidence of this...  I'm not kidding ! The matter has been quickly
solved, thanks to the IRTC admins, and is a big LOL, but anyway I'm
putting this on line. Note that it is a temporary hosting until I move
these pages to my website, so don't bookmark it.

From now, I'll add a big checkered plane and a very big reflective
sphere in all my IRTC entries. Just kidding (this time).

G.

Post a reply to this message

>IRTC that a few people complained that the my entry was a postprocessed
>composition of photographs and some of them went as far as to give
>evidence of this...  I'm not kidding ! The matter has been quickly
>solved, thanks to the IRTC admins, and is a big LOL, but anyway I'm
>putting this on line.

I think that's the best complement any POVer could ever receive, don't you
think? :) Congratulations.

Post a reply to this message

> For those interested, I just put some information here
> http://www.inapg.inra.fr/dsa/temp/makingof.htm
> about the techniques used in my IRTC "City" entry. These 9 pages contain
> more information than  the txt and zip file.

Well you have done more than the skeptics deserve but it will be a good
resource later on the subject of "The Anatomy of an IRTC Entry".

Date: 6 May 2000 19:03:23
Message: <3914a4bb@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
>For those interested, I just put some information here
>http://www.inapg.inra.fr/dsa/temp/makingof.htm
>about the techniques used in my IRTC "City" entry. These 9 pages contain
>more information than  the txt and zip file.
>In fact I had planned to put this on my website later this month (along
>with a Making of of my "Gardens" entry). However, I was informed by the
>IRTC that a few people complained that the my entry was a postprocessed
>composition of photographs and some of them went as far as to give
>evidence of this...  I'm not kidding ! The matter has been quickly
>solved, thanks to the IRTC admins, and is a big LOL, but anyway I'm
>putting this on line. Note that it is a temporary hosting until I move
>these pages to my website, so don't bookmark it.
>
>From now, I'll add a big checkered plane and a very big reflective
>sphere in all my IRTC entries. Just kidding (this time).
>
>G.

You, dear sir, are truly talented. I also admire the amount of work you are
able to put in your entries (as well as your other projects). I would love
to be even slightly as innovative as you. I hope I'm not going overboard
here :) I start 95% of my sentences with the word I and I'm not able to
express myself fully in any spoken or written language :)

Jide

Post a reply to this message

don't forget to let us know where the final spot for these docs will
be.  also, i'm wondering what your website address is.

Gilles Tran wrote:

> For those interested, I just put some information here
> http://www.inapg.inra.fr/dsa/temp/makingof.htm
> about the techniques used in my IRTC "City" entry. These 9 pages contain
> more information than  the txt and zip file.
> In fact I had planned to put this on my website later this month (along
> with a Making of of my "Gardens" entry). However, I was informed by the
> IRTC that a few people complained that the my entry was a postprocessed
> composition of photographs and some of them went as far as to give
> evidence of this...  I'm not kidding ! The matter has been quickly
> solved, thanks to the IRTC admins, and is a big LOL, but anyway I'm
> putting this on line. Note that it is a temporary hosting until I move
> these pages to my website, so don't bookmark it.
>
> From now, I'll add a big checkered plane and a very big reflective
> sphere in all my IRTC entries. Just kidding (this time).
>
> G.

Post a reply to this message